15 things to pack in your first diaper bag
Today is Noah week a birthday! I can believe the tyke has been our 24/7 moment for the past one week.
I was very excited to mark this date with a trip out of the house (all right, I admit, I got a bit of the cabin fever) to visit the pediatrician.
I got to pack my first diaper bag last night and I like to share with you things I brought, stuff that were completely unnecessary and what I should have brought.
1. Hand sanitiser: in case you need to do a diaper change and there isn a place you can wash your hands
2. iPad: I thought we would have to wait swarovski jewelry really long for the doctor swarovski jewelry so I brought something to entertain myself. Well, unless you can balance a newborn, your diaper bag and still play with an ipad it is quite unnecessary.
3. Nursing cover: Compulsory unless you aren breastfeeding like me.
4. Milk bottle filled with cool, boiled water: Dump in the hot water, milk powder and you ready to feed.
5. Health booklet: Compulsory every time you go to the paed Tissue paper: To mop up any bad spills
7. Wet wipes and Vaseline: Baby poop is gross. Bring enough wet swarovski jewelry wipes to clean up every last bit of it. I forgot to bring Vaseline today but pack a barrier cream as wet wipes can be harsh on soft baby skin.
8. Diapers: Brin swarovski jewelry g 1 for every hour you going to be outside.
9. Plastic bags: To throw poopy diapers and to keep anything else that you don want mixing with the rest of your diaper bag. To be more environmentally conscious, invest in one of these wet bags.
10. Milk powder container: I brought 2 servings just in case Noah had one of his hungry every hour moments
11. Hot water flask: To mix a feed
12. Pram: I felt that a pram was more of a hindrance than anything else. We better navigated a busy hospital / paed office carrying Noah in our arms. A pram is more useful for times when you know you have enough space, and need to put the baby down to sleep for extended periods of time, like in church. A sling would have been more useful.
13. Changing mat: I changed Noah on the swaddle he was wrapped in, but it might have been safer to do it on the waterproof mat so that I can wipe off stray poop with a wet wipe.
14. Mom clutch: Throwing my stuff into the bag made it difficult to whip out cash, keys, etc in a jiffy so I will bring a clutch or something to separate my stuff from baby stuff.